Good morning and welcome to 10 Issues in Tech. If this was forwarded to you, sign up here.
Here is what you might want to know right this moment.
1. Coinbase warns the crypto market may tumble if bitcoin’s nameless creator is recognized. Whereas submitting to go public, Coinbase famous that ought to the creator be revealed — or in the event that they promote their $30 billion stake — the market might be thrown into disarray. Here’s what else we know from the filing.
2. Twitter customers will quickly be capable to cost for tweets. The social media platform introduced “Tremendous Follows,” a characteristic that might permit Twitter customers to cost their followers in change for additional content material. More on that here.
3. Scoop: Lime, a Silicon Valley scooter startup, is in early discussions about going public by way of a SPAC. The Uber-backed electrical scooter startup is working with funding financial institution Evercore because it explores going public by way of a blank-check firm, two sources instructed Insider. Here’s what we know so far.
4. “I feel he is a rat and a liar.” Issues obtained heated throughout the livestream convo between Barstool Sports activities founder Dave Portnoy and Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev. Watch here.
5. Fb launched a marketing campaign in protection of customized promoting. New restrictions by Apple would make it more durable for advertisers to focus on advertisements to cellphones. The marketing campaign intends to change that.
6. The Senate will hold another hearing on the role of private tech in the SolarWinds breach. The massive cyberattack on a major U.S. information technology firm allowed hackers to spy on private companies as well as branches of the government. A simple explanation of how the breach happened, and why it’s important.
7. Airbnb reported $859 million in This fall income, surpassing analyst expectations. The platform noticed a “frenzied” IPO in December 2020 and weathered a battered travel industry amid COVID-19.
8. Unique: Amazon goes by way of a management shakeup. Daniel Rausch, Amazon’s sensible house boss for the final 4 years, has found a new role within the company because the lead for Fireplace TV, Appstore, and the Luna recreation streaming service.
9. Meet the Stripe mafia — a gaggle of former Stripe workers elevating thousands and thousands for their very own startups. Fourteen are beginning their very own companies or changing into angel traders, backing an increasing community of Stripe founders. From local weather tech to a
rival, see what these former employees are launching.
10. Unique: Apparent Ventures’ Tina Hoang-To is main Torch Management Lab’s $25 million Collection B fundraising. Torch’s fast development in 2020 led the VC to fast-track the management growth platform’s second spherical of funding. We have the details here.
Have an Amazon Alexa system? Take heed to this replace by looking out “Enterprise Insider” in your flash briefing settings.