Broward Well being introduced Friday that it has opened up COVID-19 vaccine appointments for at-risk people ages 18 and over.
As of Friday afternoon, all appointments have been stuffed up, in line with a Broward Well being spokesperson. It is unclear when precisely the well being care system will open up one other batch of appointments, however it’ll almost definitely be subsequent week.
Sufferers 18 and over who meet one of many following high-risk teams are eligible to get the vaccine by appointment solely:
- Bronchial asthma (average to extreme)
- Most cancers
- Cerebrovascular Illness
- Persistent Kidney Illness
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Down Syndrome
- Coronary heart situations resembling (Coronary heart Failure, Coronary Artery Illness or Cardiomyopathies)
- Hypertension or Excessive Blood Strain
- Immunocompromised state from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of weakening medicines or stable organ transplant
- Liver Illness
- Neurologic situations, resembling Dementia
- Chubby or Overweight (Physique Mass Index of better than 25)
- Being pregnant
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Sickle Cell Illness
- Kind 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- Kind 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Sufferers are requested to fill out a vaccination consent type, which has been taken down from the Broward Well being web site as of Friday afternoon.
Broward Well being says it vaccinates over 1,000 folks each day at Inter Miami CF Stadium at Lockhart Park. The general public can register for appointments at BrowardHealth.org.