Good morning and welcome to 10 Issues in Tech You Have to Know Immediately. If this was forwarded to you, sign up here.
Let’s get began.
1. Microsoft unveiled Mesh, a cloud for builders to construct augmented actuality purposes. The purpose is to permit anyone to join augmented reality meetings through Mesh on any machine, not only a headset.
2. SpaceX engineers say they have been left on an island with out meals. In a brand new guide, rocket engineers for Elon Musk’s aerospace firm say they refused to work till a helicopter introduced them rooster and cigarettes. More on that here.
3. Compass, the Softbank-backed real-estate brokerage, has filed for an IPO. We examined the 261-page submitting so you do not have to. These are our five key takeaways.
4. A foldable iPhone may arrive as quickly as 2023. Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said the company’s most prominent product could see a major change. Questioning what that may appear like? We’ve got you covered.
5. Barstool Sports activities founder Dave Portnoy backed a brand new ETF designed to trace Reddit-driven social-media buzz. The exchange-traded fund is about to launch on the New York Inventory Change this Thursday. More from his “emergency press conference” (as he called it) here.
6. “Fortnite” maker Epic Video games is shopping for Mediatonic, the British studio behind the smash-hit sport “Fall Guys.” However followers can relaxation straightforward — Epic assured avid gamers that the acquisition wouldn’t alter “Fall Guys” gameplay.
7. Former moderators of Reddit’s WallStreetBets need to begin their very own ‘decentralized’ neighborhood. The group — which monitored the subreddit that ignited the GameStop stock-buying spree — desires to strike out on their very own. Insider has the details.
8. Apple has reopened all of its shops for the primary time because the starting of the pandemic. Since reopening the final of its shops in this state, all of Apple’s 270 US areas are open for enterprise as soon as once more.
9. Some executives are criticizing Google’s ‘income share’ offers. The company has entered into a number of offers with ad-tech distributors — a transfer smaller corporations are calling unfair sweetheart offers. Here’s what you need to know about the contentious agreements.
10. The Amazon shakeup continues. Our unique report on the 15 executives with the most power under Amazon retail boss Dave Clark — and the 4 who bought pushed down as he rose to CEO.
Have an Amazon Alexa machine? Hearken to this replace by looking out “Enterprise Insider” in your flash briefing settings.