NOTRE DAME, Ind. — No. 22 Notre Dame closes out the common season with matchups in opposition to No. 23 Georgia Tech and Duke this Thursday & Friday (April 1-2) in Atlanta, Georgia. The Irish meet the Yellow Jackets on Thursday (April 1) at 6 p.m. ET in a match that can be streamed by way of ACC Community Additional. Then, Notre Dame takes on Duke in its regular-season finale on Friday (April 2) at 4 p.m. ET. That contest won’t be streamed.
- The Irish enter the weekend at 12-3 (12-3 ACC) and have earned victories in three of their final 4 outings.
- Notre Dame’s house contest in opposition to Virginia, initially slated for final Sunday (March 28) has been declared a no contest following Virginia’s cancellation of their spring season. The Irish obtain a win for the only real function of ACC Standings, making them 12-3 in convention play, however not an official victory on their file.
- Final weekend, the Irish honored their Class of 2021 and earned a four-set overcome Clemson on Senior Evening (March 26).
- Charley Niego enters the weekend having earned a double-double in six of her eight seven outings.
- Niego has totaled 60 kills and 32 digs in her final three matches.
- Coming into the ultimate weekend of the common season, the Irish are within the combine to seize their first ACC Championship.
- The Irish clinch the ACC crown, and an computerized bid to the NCAA Event, with a pair of wins over Georgia Tech and Duke and one Louisville loss to both Miami or North Carolina.
- The feat would mark the 18th common season convention crown in program historical past, and first since becoming a member of the ACC.
- Earlier than becoming a member of the ACC, Notre Dame captured 17 common season Huge East titles and 15 Huge East Event crowns.
HISTORY VS. GEORGIA TECH
- The Irish and Yellow Jackets can be assembly for the eleventh time on Thursday in Atlanta with Georgia Tech holding a 6-4 edge within the all-time collection.
- Notre Dame, which has received two of the previous three conferences with Georgia Tech, can be trying to avenge a five-set defeat final season (11.24.19) in Atlanta.
- In that matchup, Charley Niego paced the Irish with 23 kills whereas Caroline Meuth notched 15 kills and Zoe Nunez racked up 53 assists.
HISTORY VS. DUKE
- Notre Dame & Duke can be closing the common season in opposition to one another for the third consecutive marketing campaign.
- Duke earned a five-set win in Durham to shut out 2018 earlier than Notre Dame took down the Blue Devils in 4 units on Senior Day 2019.
- The Irish additionally downed Duke in Durham final October to take each matches in final 12 months’s season collection.
- In that 2019 regular-season finale, Charley Niego turned the primary Irish participant to have a 20-20 outing since Kristen Dealy did so in 5 units in opposition to Delaware on Sept. 17, 2010.
- Friday would be the nineteenth assembly between Notre Dame and Duke with the all-time collection even at 9-9.